Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Real Me
God knows the "real"
me  and loves me anyway

 Many times in life, with all of the "to do lists" and overbooked schedules, I parade around like a one-act in a three-ring circus.  I put the “happy face” on, rosy cheeks and all, and portray a fearless persona. Those looking in my direction, think everything is OK - that I have it all together. They cannot see behind a mask of self protection. They cannot see the emotions that are tucked away behind the image of “girl who’s got it all together.” 

It’s comforting and so reassuring to know my Heavenly Father sees past the facade I often present to others.  In His presence, I can take the mask off, relax and let Him love on me. He sees past the wall my imperfect self hides behind.  The foolish games, the brokenness, the plastic smile, the charade, the frailties, the neediness and the emotional blindness do not conceal who I am to El Elyon - The Most High. He sees them all. He hears all of my insecure thoughts, my self-doubting and anxiousness. He knows all of my many mistakes but loves me anyway.  

 He thinks I’m beautiful and even sings over me! “The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.  (Zephaniah 3:17). Who am I that the creator of the universe would sing over me?!

Thankfully, He sees the real me behind the mask.  He sees the finished product. He sees me fulfilling His will for my life.  He formed me with a purpose and promises He will never leave me or forsake me on this life journey.

 I’m so grateful He is still fine-tuning me.  I’m a work in progress - longing for the day the veil is lifted and the “real” me sees Him face to face.  

If I were to write a song this year, it would be similar to "The Real Me" by Natalie Grant.   To listen to the song select this link   http://youtu.be/u3kr9eqxwCo

2 Comments:

At February 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Eunice said...

Great post, it's so true for so many women. We go, go, go, involved in church this & family that . . . And sometimes I stop and just ask God, 'How are you and I God?' 'Is my heart right? Are my motives right?' I continuously pray that I stay close to Him because He does know the real me and I want my 'good' intentions to be honorable to Him.

Take care & God Bless Melissa!

-Eunice

 
At February 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Aren't we blessed to have God's grace - His unmerited favor. His grace is something He does for the benefit of His people just because He loves us! Grace can never be earned, it's totally free. It covers all our shortcomings, our forgetfulness, our failures and our good intentions.

Eunice, God LOVES you and loves that your heart is focused on Him and serving Him.

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” ( 2 Corinthians 12:9)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home